Friday, September 6, 2013

A Day in the Life of Reesie

Hey readers,

     My name is Reesie Fensom. I am really excited to be blogging for you all this semester. This is my first blog so it will defiantly be a learning experience. I wanted to start my first post by telling my readers a little bit more about myself. I am a third year Virginia Tech student and very proud Hokie.  I just graduated in May of 2013 from Virginia Tech with an Associates Degree in Agricultural Technology through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. I am now starting my first semester working towards a Bachelors Degree in Animal and Poultry Sciences. I'm currently employed as the barn manager for Walnut Spring Stables, a local  horse boarding and training facility in Blacksburg, Virginia. My job is very time consuming, but I generally enjoy what I do, and this manager's position is getting me one step closer to achieving my dreams of either becoming a vet or working in the equine industry. Horses have always been a part of my life. I have been riding since before I could walk. From a very young age, I knew that I wanted to work in the horse industry for the rest of my life. I am excited to be continuing my education at Virginia Tech and look forward to a challenging, yet rewarding semester.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked how you explain your passion for taking care of horses, it definitely makes sense why you want to major in Animal and Poultry Sciences! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horses mean victory in old saying in ancient China. And I hope you can find your own success in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few friends and family who are really into horses. And i lived a few miles away from a therapeutic riding farm. Good luck getting your bachelors!

    ReplyDelete